To mark the launch of the new AMG GT 4-Door Coupe, Mercedes-AMG will be offering a distinctive Edition 1 model with exclusive interior and exterior appointments for the 2019 model year. The AMG Aerodynamics Package and the foil applications underline the strong connection between this latest member of the AMG GT family and the world of motorsports. In combination with the 21-inch AMG cross-spoke forged wheels with black accents, the paintwork in designo graphite grey magno immediately draws the eye. The interior features AMG Performance seats in Exclusive Nappa leather in Magma Grey/ Black with yellow contrasting topstitching, while the AMG Performance steering wheel in DINAMICA microfiber with yellow contrast topstitching and the AMG Matte Carbon- Fiber trim add further highlights. The limited-edition model is available as the Mercedes-AMG GT 63 S Edition 1, featuring the 630 hp top-of-the-range V8 engine.
Superb longitudinal and lateral dynamics and a striking silhouette with classic proportions mean that the Mercedes-AMG GT 4-Door Coupe lines up in the portfolio alongside its two-door brothers. As the first four-door AMG GT model, it combines everyday comfort with many options for individualization and the very latest in sports car engineering.
The AMG Aerodynamics Package for the Edition 1 includes a larger front splitter and integrated flics in the front bumper, an optimized diffuser and a fixed rear spoiler, the angle of which be mechanically adjusted. The driver is thus able to adjust the balance of lift and the driving characteristics to suit individual preference or specific circumstances. The perfectly coordinated interaction between the various elements serves to optimize aerodynamic efficiency.
With its adjustable spoiler extended to the maximum, at speeds of 300 km/h, an additional 30 kilograms of aerodynamic downforce presses the rear axle onto the road. The larger front splitter reinforces the effect of the AIRPANEL active air management system: if the adjustable louvres are closed, the lift at the front axle is further reduced.
The AMG Aerodynamics Package also contributes to a lower Cd value, despite the higher downforce. This win-win combination improves both the longitudinal and the lateral dynamics as experienced by the driver on the road or race track.
The Edition 1 is available exclusively for the top-of-the-range Mercedes-AMG GT 63 S 4MATIC+ 4‑Door Coupe, which features the most powerful version of the 4.0-litre V8 biturbo engine with an output of 630 hp. This allows a top speed of 315 km/h and can propel the car from a standing start to 100 km/h in 3.2 seconds.
The Edition 1 in summary
- Meticulously coordinated equipment and appointments for exterior and interior emphasise exclusivity and dynamism
- Available for top-of-the-range AMG GT 63 S 4MATIC+ model
Exterior elements of the Edition 1
- AMG Aerodynamics Package including larger front splitter and integrated flics in the front apron, enhanced demand-optimised diffuser and fixed rear spoiler with mechanically adjustable blade
- Paintwork in designo graphite grey magno
- AMG sports stripes in matt graphite grey (foil) on the sides above the side sill panels, additional sports stripes on the hood, roof and tailgate
- 21-inch AMG cross-spoke forged wheels, painted matt black and with a high-sheen finish
Interior elements of the Edition 1
- AMG Performance seats with Memory Package
- Upholstery in Exclusive nappa leather in magma grey/black with yellow contrasting topstitching
- AMG Performance steering wheel in DINAMICA microfibre with yellow contrasting topstitching, yellow 12 o'clock marking and "Edition 1" badge, steering wheel bezel including control buttons and AMG shift paddles in black chrome, additional AMG switches on steering wheel
- AMG matt carbon-fibre trim
- Seat belts in yellow
- Door centre panels in nappa leather in magma grey
- Armrests in the door and on the centre console in nappa leather in magma grey
- Upper section of instrument panel and door beltlines in black nappa leather with yellow contrasting topstitching
- AIR-BALANCE Package with new, dedicated "AMG #63" fragrance
- Illuminated AMG door sill panels
- Edition-specific floor mats in black with leather band with "AMG" lettering and yellow topstitching
The Edition 1 will celebrate its world premiere during the ADAC Zurich 24h Race at Germany's Nürburgring this coming weekend. The first vehicles will be delivered to customers late 2018.
Technical data at a glance
Mercedes-AMG GT 63 S 4MATIC+ Edition 1
4.0-litre V8 with direct injection and twin turbochargers
630 hp at 5500-6500 rpm
664 lb-ft at 2500-4500 rpm
AMG Performance 4MATIC all-wheel drive with variable torque distribution and Drift Mode
AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT 9G
Fuel consumption combined
Acceleration 0-100 km/h
About Mercedes-Benz Canada
Mercedes-Benz Canada is responsible for the sales, marketing and service of Mercedes-Benz and Mercedes-AMG passenger vehicles, Mercedes-Benz Vans and smart. Headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Mercedes-Benz Canada Inc. employs approximately 1,700 people in 21 locations across Canada. Through a nationwide network of 11 Mercedes-Benz owned retail operations and 48 authorized dealerships, Mercedes-Benz Canada sold 52,298 vehicles in 2017. This represents the best year ever for the company and has positioned Mercedes-Benz as the top luxury manufacturer in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
For more information, please contact:
JoAnne Caza 416 847-7550 firstname.lastname@example.org
Sinead Brown 416 847-7588 email@example.com
Further information from Mercedes-Benz is available at www.media.mercedes-benz.ca